Auto Repair & Service for Prior Lake, MN Drivers
Prior Lake, MN is a city 20 miles southwest of downtown Minneapolis seated near Savage and Shakopee. Surrounding the shores of Lower and Upper Prior Lake, the city lies south of the Minnesota River and establishes the urban fringe of the Minneapolis Metroplex.
Prior Lake was first incorporated as a village in 1891. It’s one of the oldest cities in the south metro area. The city’s modern rapid growth is due, in part, to the ease of access for commuters to the rest of the region, via the upgraded State Highway 13.
The Mystic Showroom at the Mystic Lake Casino and Hotel in Prior Lake is an entertainment venue that frequently features A-list musical and comedy performers.
Some notable people who have called Prior Lake their home include:
- Thomas Fluharty, illustrator
- John Robert Roach, Archbishop of St. Paul-Minneapolis
- Eric Pratt, Minnesota State Senator
- Jordan Schroeder, hockey player
- Erik Westrum, 11-year pro hockey player
- Teal Bunbury, pro soccer player
- Kylie Bunbury, model and actress
- CallMeKarizma, famous alternative/pop singer
- Becca Kufrin, Television Personality
Prior Lake (named after Charles Prior, of the Chicago, Milwaukee, and St. Paul railroad) is made up of two sections, Upper Prior Lake and Lower Prior Lake. Upper prior Lake flows Northerly, draining into the larger, Lower prior Lake via a navigable channel. Prior Lake is a popular destination for fishing and water sports. It is also popular with snowmobilers and can be accessed using the Scott County Snowmobile Trail and other designated trails in the winter.